The Obligations of a RegistrarA registrar has the right and the obligation to provide registration services to registrants. A registrar must provide a high quality and safe registration service to registrants.
- A registrar must abide by the applicable Domain Regulation;
- For providing a registration service, a registrar is obliged to sign a service contract with the registrant.
- A registrar must verify the identity and establish the intent of the registrant before providing the registration service;
- A registrar must not provide a registration service to a registrant before the registrant has provided all data and documents required for the registration service.
- A registrar shall keep all personal data collected by it and available to it confidential! A registrar may use personal data only for fulfilling tasks arising from its role as a registrar.
- A registrar must implement house rules in its company regulating the obligations of the employees of the registrar when processing personal data and to ensure compliance with the Domain Regulation!
Processing and Protection of Personal Data
Signing an Application
Related sections in the Domain Regulation: 4 with all subsections, sections 2.4, 6 and 8 of the Registry Contract.