A .ee domain registration can be renewed for one (1), two (2) or three (3) years. From 1st of May 2017 the domain name can be registered for 3, 6 pr 9 moths or 1 to 10 years.
- There is no need to submit an application to the registrar for renewing a registration, therefore there are no mandatory methods of identity verification for the registrar.
- A registration can be renewed every time, only maximum length of the domain can be 10 years.
- As a general rule, the registrar can renew a registration only if the registrant has paid the renewal fee stipulated in the service contract beforehand.
- The registrant has the right to decline the domain renewal during the 30 days from the date of the notification being forwarded (the registrant has to express their will to decline the renewal!)
- If a notation of prohibition restricts the renewal for technical reasons, renewal of the domain name will not be possible;
- If a domain is renewed for an incorrect period of time due to human error, the renewal cannot be reversed.